How to Cancel Apple Music: 3 Ways Out
If you’ve got a trial version or a full package of Apple Music, you might want to cancel it at some point. Canceling your subscription is a hell of a ride, maybe because it’s the developers who wanted this or it’s an unfortunate complication. Anyway, the cancellation largely depends on what type of Apple product you’re using. The means vary from an iPhone to a MacBook, and here are some solid ways how to cancel Apple Music once and for all.
This is the most common way to cancel Subscription Apple Music add-on. It’s valid if you’re using the latest updates on your devices, which is mostly the case. Follow the next steps:
- Access your official Apple Music shortcut.
- When there, enter the ‘For You’ tab, which is located next to the ‘Library’.
- Open your Music profile. Normally, it’s the circled initials with a grey background unless you’ve changed before.
- Here, you need your membership menu that you can access by tapping Manage Subscription. It’s located between the red-colored tabs.
- After accessing the menu, you get a full info-list of your current subscription. Below the payment options, there is a red-colored button to press. It will automatically cancel the membership.
Be ready that your music isn’t going to just disappear, but you have a few days before the app actually brings down your saved preferences.
MacBook (Updated) Cancellation
It’s rather simple to cancel Apple Music on iPhone. However, it’s not that easy when it comes to macOS. Because the software has been recently updated, unsubscribing is different for new and old MacBook products. Here is a way for the updated one.
- Access your MacBook App Store.
- When there, press the ‘View Info’ button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Sometimes, the software can ask you to put in your Apple ID to make sure you’re not a trespasser. Please, do so.
- After you’re in, turn to the Manage section with your Nickname and Reviews. There, you find your Subscription menu. Follow it.
- Here, you enter your profile’s full list of current memberships and upcoming payments. Press ‘Edit’ and then ‘Cancel’.
MacBook (Old) Cancellation
Dealing with your old iTunes membership, as well as your Apple Music hack APK, if you have one, is more complicated. Especially, if you’re using a new Apple ID on an old macOS device. But here’s what you have to do:
- Find your old iTunes and access it, either online or on a device.
- Open the grey person icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- This should give you a full range of your old and new ID information. Press ‘Manage’ next to the membership section. Put in your ID info if needed and then go down to Manage.
- Find the ‘Cancel’ button related to your subscription and press it.
- To double-prove that you’re out, switch off the ‘Renewal’ function in the same section. Now, you’re good to go.
Cancelling Doesn’t Mean Leaving
As you can see, stopping your Premium membership is easier than it seems at first. Have you managed to do it? Were there any complications? Comment below! Also, spread the word and tell your friends about these easy ways to make the world an easier place for us all!